this is my favourite pasta sauce ever! you can skip the sardines if you don't like them, but i love it!
i eat this for lunch, as i try to avoid carbs in the evening. for dinner you could just skip the pasta and double the veggies, tastes great as well!
ok, let's get started:
what you'll need for 4-5 servings:
- 1 large or 2 medium onions
- 3 medium garlic clove
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 red bell pepper (paprika)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (paprika)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- about 30-40g sardines from a jar (half a jar)
- some oil
- some dried italian herbs (oregano, thyme, ect)
- bell pepper (paprika) powder
- salt (for the sauce just if you skip the sardines)
- fresh basil
- 250g whole grain pasta (i used organic penne)
what to do:
cut onions and garlic into small pieces and fry in oil for about 3 minutes.
cut zucchini and bell peppers into pieces and stew with onions and garlic for about 10 minutes.
add diced tomatoes and sardines und let it cook for about 15-20 minutes. season with italian herbs, bell pepper powder and pepper. (no salt! the sardines are VERY salty).
cook pasta in salted water for about 8-10 minutes.
serve with lots of fresh basil and some grated parmesan if you want to.
whats your favourite pasta sauce? do you like sardines? i love them, but do understand why some hate them^^